The medication is available in 10 mg orally disintegrating tablets not interchangeable with the other brand of vardenafil hydrochloride Levitra 10 mg which is produced in film- coated tablets.
Staxyn tablets work by serving as muscles relaxers and increase blood flow into the penis during sexual stimulation. This helps men suffering from potency problems to achieve and maintain an erection.
Staxyn orally disintegrating tablets are taken as needed usually 60 minutes before sexual activity. The max daily dose of the medication is one tablet of Staxyn. Sexual stimulation is necessary for the medication to start acting. Staxyn tablet is placed on the tongue; it may be taken with or without water and food.
- heart disease, heart rhythm problems;
- heart attack, stroke, or congestive heart failure;
- high or low blood pressure;
- seizures (convulsions);
- blood cell disorders;
- bleeding disorders;
- kidney disease or liver disease;
- astomach ulcers;
- hearing problems;
- vision problems;
- Peyronie’s disease;
- a history of prolonged erections (priapism).
Staxyn like Levitra should not be taken with nitrates for chest pain or heart problems. Staxyn is not to be taken with alpha-blockers or other medications from the list below:
- antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), dalfopristin/quinupristin (Synercid), erythromycin (E.E.S., EryPed, Ery-Tab, Erythrocin, Pediazole), or telithromycin (Ketek);
- drugs to treat high blood pressure or a prostate disorder, such as alfuzosin (Uroxatral), doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), terazosin (Hytrin), tamsulosin (Flomax);
- heart or blood pressure medication such as diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac), nicardipine (Cardene), or verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan);
- heart rhythm medicine such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), quinidine (Quin-G), procainamide (Procan, Pronestyl), or sotalol (Betapace); or
- HIV/AIDS medicines.
Staxyn contains phenylalanine. In case you have phenylketonuria (PKU), do not use this medication.
Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Staxyn, the mixture of alcohol with this medication can increase certain side effects of Staxyn.
Grapefruit and grapefruit juice may interact with Staxyn and cause risk to your health. Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while being treated with this drug.
In case you experience any dangerous or unpleasant side effect of Staxyn, stop using it and visit your doctor.
Do not take Staxyn with similar medications such as vardenafil (Levitra), sildenafil (Viagra) or tadalafil (Cialis).
Staxyn should be used with caution in patients suffering from hepatic impairment, renal insufficiency and in men older than 65 years of old.